Last modified: [28 January 2013]
Emaar Properties PJSC (which term includes all subsidiaries of Emaar Properties PJSC) and Emaar Technologies LLC ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website [https://portal.sakani.ae/] (our
"Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you may download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party[ (including our affiliates and subsidiaries)]; or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with
change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy
periodically for updates.
Persons Under the Age of 21
Our Website is not intended for persons under 21 years of age. No one under age 21 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not
knowingly collect personal information from persons under 21. If you are under 21, do not use any information on this Website or on or through any of its
features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide
any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we
learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 21 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 21, please contact us at [https://portal.sakani.ae/ContactUs.htm ].
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, registering for newsletter, using the ‘contact us’ form, using the ‘site feedback form’, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order or making payment through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to
other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to
others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account
profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website
with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use
on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by
enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Cookies (or browser cookies).
A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on
your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website. Unless you have adjusted your browser
Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation
to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and
single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website
statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
conjunction with web beacons or other tracking technologies to collect information about our users. This may include information about users' behavior on
this and other websites to serve them interested-based (behavioral) advertising. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they
may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement, you should contact the responsible advertiser directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us
to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or
adjust your user preferences in your account profile).
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not
disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may
assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all
of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the
Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes
exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following
control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash
may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising.
If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by
checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form). You can also always opt-out by
logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an
e-mail stating your request to [email@example.com].
Promotional Offers from the Company.
If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services,
you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form) or at any other
time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending
us an e-mail stating your request to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. If we
have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply
to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers'
target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or
registration form). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes
or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [ email@example.com ]. For this opt-out to function, you must
have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you
with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network
Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have
been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and
disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts
of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful
about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we
cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are
not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.