Welcome to Burj Khalifa ECM Direct portal. The Burj Khalifa ECM Direct portal is an interactive channel through which Burj Khalifa residents can connect with the Community Management team and with each other as well. We aim to bring our residents closer and share information and updates that are relevant to the Burj Khalifa community.
Burj Khalifa Achievements
In 2010 Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), a prominent international body in the field of tall buildings and sustainable urban design, presented Burj Khalifa with the 'Global Icon' award, an honour bestowed on tall structures only once in 10 or 15 years.
In addition to the above title, Burj Khalifa holds the following world records for accomplishing feats across criteria:
- Tallest building in the world - surpassing Taipei 101 in Taiwan, which at 508 metres (1,667 ft) had held the title of the 'tallest building in the world' since it opened in 2004
- Tallest man-made structure in the world - surpassing the KVLY-TV mast in North Dakota, USA, which stands at 628.8 metres (2,063 ft)
- Tallest free-standing structure in the world - breaking the 31-year-old record of CN Tower, which stands at 553.33 metres (1,815.5 ft)
- Largest number of storeys in the world - 200 plus with 160 habitable storeys
- Highest habitable floor in the world - Level 160
- Highest outdoor observation deck in the world - Level 124
- World record for vertical concrete pumping - 605 metres, beating the previous record held by Taipei 101 (448 metres or 1,470 ft)
- Tallest service elevator in the world - 504 metres (1,654 ft), more than the height of Taipei 101 (448 metres) and almost one-and-a-half times that of the Empire State Building in New York (381 metres)
- World record for the highest installation of an aluminium and glass facade
- World's highest swimming pool on Level 76 (over 270 metres; over 885 ft)
Burj Khalifa Amenities
The world's most prestigious address is home to a select few. With 900 residences, The Residence, Burj Khalifa are designed for the connoisseur. Burj Khalifa has a variety of lifestyle amenities offering a myriad of choices for residents, guests and visitors.
The recreational facilities and entertainment venues include serviced residences, luxurious swimming pools, jacuzzis, tennis courts, exclusive residents' lounge and wellness facility. Moreover, residents can shop at Lafayette Gourmet, the convenience store and cafe located within The Residences lobby or relax and unwind at the state-of-the-art fitness facilities and elegant meeting spaces located on the Sky Lobbies on Levels 43 and 76. Burj Daycare is a dedicated nursery that provides high quality education and care services tailor made for the Burj Khalifa community.
About Burj Khalifa
Described as both a 'Vertical City' and 'A Living Wonder,' Burj Khalifa is the world's tallest building and described as a 'Global Icon' by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, an honour bestowed on tall structures only once in 10 or 15 years. Rising gracefully from the desert, Burj Khalifa honours the city with its extraordinary union of art, engineering and meticulous craftsmanship. Burj Khalifa was inaugurated on January 4, 2010, to coincide with the fourth anniversary of the Accession Day of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum as the Ruler of Dubai.